This ad is expired.
Alumni Career Coordinator, Wharton MBA Career Management
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Alumni Career Coordinator, Wharton MBA Career Management
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Director of Wharton MBA Alumni Career Management, this fast-paced and impactful position will serve as the Alumni Career Coordinator.
The position provides high-level administrative support and project management. The role encompasses a wide range of activities including project management, administrative support, marketing and interacts with Wharton MBA alumni, employers, students, faculty and staff.
The mission of the Wharton MBA Alumni Career Management Office is to provide personalized, holistic and lifelong career management, supporting career progression to over 100K global alumni. The office provides: impactful individualized advising with world class career coaches, innovative online resources to simplify the search and development process, strategic facilitated connections through the world's most powerful network and access to world class jobs and board of director opportunities. The Coordinator role requires strong skills in project management, administrative support, and marketing.
Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Alumni Career Engagement/Programming
- Conduct one on one appointments with MBA alumni, sharing resources available to them, helping with resume reviews, and navigating the MBA Alumni website
- Partner with Director to create and deliver presentations relating to MBA Career Management topics
- Serve as front facing point of contact that come in through the front desk/general inbox
- Develop resources and programs to support alumni currently seeking opportunities
- Create quarterly newsletters for alumni and experienced hiring employers (Campaign Monitor)
- Write and send topic-based email campaigns
- Review and regularly update alumni collateral for internal and external use
- Develop slide decks as needed for cross-departmental meetings and external presentations
- Manage website updates, researching and adding new resources and reorganizing pages for optimal engagement (WordPress)
Board of Director Initiatives
- Work with the Director to create board project timeline for both MBA alumni as well as board hiring managers
- Develop relationships with board and executive search firms to increase alumni candidacy for board positions
- Conduct searches for potential candidates based on board search criteria
- Research new resources for dedicated board page on the website
Alumni Career Reporting/Process Management
- Approve and post job positions for the Wharton alumni audience
- Review and approve alumni job offers to strengthen internal compensation data
- Manage alumni and board of director resume books
- Collect and analyze alumni-specific metrics monthly to track engagement and provide insight into team growth and resource changes
- Develop surveys to assess student and alumni satisfaction with existing programming (Qualtrics)
Project Management/Cross-Departmental Events
- Lead creation of agenda items for various internal meetings (create Zoom links, calendar holds, etc.)
- Represent Alumni Career Management team at cross-departmental meetings
- Partner with Alumni Relations department to host student-alumni engagement programs including Career Consultant for the Day, Wharton Power Dinner Series, and Alumni Orientations
- Partner with Alumni Relations department to support Wharton Women's Circles initiatives
- Create advising schedules for flagship alumni events including Wharton Reunion and Global Forums
- Serve as part of internal team managing Wharton Alumni Career Chats (online student-alumni connection program fueled by PeopleGrove)
- Serve as part of internal team managing Unpaid Internship Fund providing financial support to low paid internships
- Maintain knowledge of broader school-wide initiatives to effectively direct stakeholders to the proper resource
The position also interacts with senior administrators, alumni, students, faculty and corporate executives. Generally included in confidential, ongoing cross divisional projects as directed by the Office. The Administrative Coordinator interacts with important external constituents, and therefore must prioritize while delivering a very high level of service.
- H.S. Diploma or GED Required - Bachelor's degree preferred; 5-7 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years administrative/coordinator, and/or higher education experience preferred (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- This role requires strong skills in project management, administrative support and marketing.
- Highly motivated and dedicated individual
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills essential; must be "customer service" oriented
- Have the ability to exercise judgment, initiative, discretion and independence in dealing with client base
- The ability to work as part of team, be an independent thinker, and able to work under limited supervision
- Fast learner with ability to interpret and explain procedures
- Required to have strong time management skills, be able to manage many duties at once, and be reliable and prompt
- Ability to work under limited supervision required
- Experience using PowerPoint, Word, and Excel required
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$20.45 - $30.82
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/McNeil-Building/Alumni-Career-Management-Coordinator--Wharton-MBA-Career-Management_JR00047276
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-79c5bb0dfada9a45af117fa5c26ebf3a