This ad is expired.
Alumni Communications & Outreach Manager
The Alumni Communications & Outreach Manager works within the Department of Alumni Relations and works closely with the dean, alumni office staff, other campus departments, and volunteers to provide outreach to the University's 48,000 alumni; as well as works closely with the UIW Alumni Association, the Student Alumni Association and the Division of Development & University Relations. Position reports to Dean of Alumni Relations.
This position is considered a "Responsible Employee" under Title IX federal regulations and "Mandatory Reporter" under Texas state law and the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about Title IX violations. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated success in volunteer management and event planning.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects and events.
- Ability to write and design materials for print and web use.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, to include public speaking.
- Strong computer skills, including all Microsoft Office applications, mail merges, design suites and all social media platforms.
- Ability to travel and to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
Required Work Experience
- Three to five years of professional experience in alumni relations, communications, special events programming, volunteer management or a related field.
- Four (4) to five (5) years of professional experience communicating with internal and external stakeholders (such as alumni, business leaders or professionals) in multiple platform settings, such as networking, civic organizations, events, community service, etc
- Two (s) to three (3) years of experience in writing and editing for print and all forms of media.
- Experience with Banner, Argos, Blackbaud and/or other databases & CRMs.
- Some knowledge of HTML and/or web development and design.
- Experience working with a diverse group of alumni and other professionals.
- Experience working with and managing volunteers.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization or institution of higher education.
- Masters degree.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Mon through Fri, 8am - 5pm, with some weekends and evenings required based on departmental needs. Some travel required.
Posting Number: AS1445PO
Job Category: Administrator (exempt)
Desired Start Date: 07/01/2022
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Dean, Alumni Relations
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Open Date: 06/14/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
To apply, visit https://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/19521
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-d4c11ec6ecffde43a8bfc35ffaac30a9