This ad is expired.
Alumni Engagement Officer
Job Posting Title:
Alumni Engagement Officer
The Alumni Engagement Officer is responsible for the development, execution and measurement of strategic engagement; providing a standard infrastructure and Institute wide leadership through which alumni will develop and thrive. Working in collaboration with Advancement, Corporate Partnerships, Career Services, Student Affairs, Marketing, Program Directors, Admissions, and volunteers the Alumni Engagement Officer will develop alumni engagement goals and strategies designed to foster lifelong connections between alumni, students, industry and the Institute with the goal of increasing alumni engagement and raising funds for the Institute.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field is required and a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in business/alumni development, fundraising, alumni relations management and/or corporate relations experience, preferably in an advancement office setting. Experience in Biotech, Life Sciences or Healthcare is a plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the position, or be able to explain or demonstrate how the essential functions may be performed, with or without, reasonable accommodations, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Prepare an annual strategic engagement plan to guide all alumni, future alumni, and parent engagement activities in support of the Institute.
- Identify, plan and implement outreach programs, events and communication efforts that support alumni related strategic initiatives.
- Develop and facilitate a program to assist in the student-to-alumnus transition process, incorporating new and existing traditions as tools for further engagement as they become alumni.
- Partner with Development colleagues to identify and develop future alumni/alumni and parent volunteer ambassadors who will help achieve fundraising and participation goals.
- Educate students about the ways in which they benefit from alumni giving & volunteerism.
- Foster positive relationships between alumni and students.
- Works with Career Services and Corporate Partnerships to create and implement career strategies for Alumni engagement
- Collaborating with the Annual Giving Officer, develops a plan with measured short- and long-term outcomes to increase funding to the Annual Fund.
- Regularly communicates with all Alumni in the database via various mediums, including in person and virtual meetings
- Designs, manages, and evaluates all aspects of the alumni engagement activities. This includes print and electronic communications, volunteer identification and management, student interaction and specialized solicitations through programs and departments across the Institute.
- Research and analyze regional culture, demographics, and alumni needs and develop unique and effective strategies for increased alumni engagement.
- Develop local, regional, and national plans for alumni events and programming.
- Prepares an annual operating plan which guides all activities. Submits reports to leadership on the progress of programs.
- Promote institutional pride and enable alumni to serve as advocates for and ambassadors of the Institute by providing them with up-to-date news and information.
- Cultivates and maintains effective relationships and ensures appropriate communication strategies with internal and external partners in alumni relations, development and communications.
- Coordinates with and provides input for story ideas to the Marketing & Communications Team.
- Participate in budgeting, forecasting, and cost negotiations for alumni events and programs.
- Track and report data on alumni programs and volunteer service.
- Evaluate alumni programs and services for customer satisfaction.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the position, or be able to explain or demonstrate how the essential functions may be performed, with or without, reasonable accommodations, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Proven leadership skills particularly in starting new initiatives, launching successful direct marketing/outreach programs, and organizing activities.
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with administrators, boards, faculty and cultivate relationships with alumni, and corporate and community leaders.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills are required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), database applications, internet applications and an ability to learn event specific software.
- An understanding of the academic culture as well as the business aspect of non-profit work.
- Attention to detail and follow-through.
- Entrepreneurial energy, self-direction, and an eagerness to generate ideas are essential.
- Travels occasionally in order to build and maintain alumni relationships and represents the Institute at various events.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to balance competing priorities, and complex situations.
- Must be deadline-driven, highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and follow-through on issues.
- Willingness to work collaboratively across teams, and to participate enthusiastically in the life of the Institute.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record (as maintained by the DMV) that is acceptable to the Institute's insurance carrier.
- Be available for occasional work on evenings and weekends, as deadlines may require.
- Volunteer management experience required
This is generally a sedentary role; it requires the ability to sit for prolonged periods of time and the manual dexterity to operate a computer for prolonged periods of time. Ability to maintain good concentration levels while dealing with interruptions; attention to details with emphasis on accuracy; capable of giving, receiving, and analyzing information, formulating work plans, and articulating goals and action plans.
Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time. Standing for extended periods of time. Reaching and extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction. Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than the whole hand(s), or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard. Communication skills using the spoken word. Ability to see within normal parameters. Ability to hear within normal parameters. Ability to bend and stoop, for example, to file. Ability to move about. Ability to lift and carry short distances up to 25 lbs., for example to lift or move office supplies, files, books, packages, and move tables (set up events) as necessary. Ability to drive locally and travel by airplane nationally and internationally. Occasionally, will be required to stand for prolonged periods of time at activities/events on and off-campus.
A confidential review of applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made. To be ensured full consideration, please upload a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references. Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Keck Graduate Institute is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all terms and conditions of employment. KGI strongly encourages candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply, visit https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/KGI_Careers/job/Building-1NIH/Alumni-Engagment-Officer_REQ-2923
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency