This ad is expired.
- Assistant Director, Alumni Engagement
- Go to our website »
Assistant Director, Alumni Engagement
Job No: 500482
Work Type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Advancement, Development/Alumni Affairs
The Assistant Director, Engagement is responsible for building alumni participation, volunteerism, mentoring, ambassadorship, and relationships through the planning and management of alumni engagement events. This role contributes to University mission by providing alumni opportunities to use their time, talent, and treasures to serve our students and to make a difference in the lives of their families, friends, and colleagues.
- Assist with the management of online communities to provide meaningful engagement for alumni around the world.
- Plan and manage events to foster alumni, student, and parent participation, volunteerism, mentoring, ambassadorship, and giving. This will be done by leading collaboration with other University departments such as, but not limited to, Career Services, Student Affairs, Athletics, Advancement, and the Alumni Relations departments at all five schools.
- Manage, identify, recruit, and train regional alumni ambassadors and leaders who support the University mission and are willing to give of their time, talent and treasures in a variety of volunteer opportunities.
- Work cross organizationally with schools, athletics, development officers, and other departments on alumni engagement programs to maximize resources to enhance alumni engagement experiences and increase alumni belonging.
- Assist with the planning and execution of alumni career services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Undergraduate degree or graduate degree; Experience related to program activity planning, and project coordination; Demonstrated ability to manage, organize, and motivate volunteers. Written and verbal communication skills; Exceptional people skills; Ability to organize time, projects, and details; Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
Preferred: Familiarity with Pepperdine culture, mission, and values. Working knowledge of Pepperdine platforms and systems (i.e. Raiser's Edge, Salesforce Market Cloud, Peoplesoft, Google applications); Experience with alumni affairs programming. Ability to build effective long-term relationships both internally and externally; Goal-oriented and self-motivated individual who can demonstrate accountability, initiative, energy, creativity, and focus in a constantly changing and evolving environment.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
To Apply: To apply, visit: http://jobs.pepperdine.edu/cw/en/job/500482/assistant-director-alumni-engagement.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency