This ad is expired.
Associate Director, Center for Estate and Gift Planning
Job No: 500563
Work Type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Director/Executive/Management, Advancement, Administrative/Office Support, Development/Alumni Affairs
The Associate Director works in partnership with the Executive Director in overseeing the operations of the Center for Estate and Gift Planning. The Associate Director works with internal and external constituents to further the Advancement work of the University, educate stakeholders on planned giving strategies, helps formulate University policies related to gift planning and gift acceptance, and manages a portfolio of gift prospects.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director in the day to day management, oversight, and supervision of the Center for Estate and Gift Planning, including: hiring and training law clerks, student workers, and other staff; the formulation of University policies and procedures related to major and planned gift acceptance; the training of advancement staff in planned giving techniques; works with the Trust and Estates department to manage the implementation and compliance of complex planned giving vehicles.
- Works with external stakeholders to structure planned gifts for the University, including managing a portfolio of prospects.
- Oversees the process for incoming bequests, testamentary gifts, and the administration of other planned giving vehicles.
- Works in partnership with the Executive Director to draft gift agreements, trust and annuity documents, and estate planning documents.
- Speaks before affinity groups, community groups, and allied professionals on estate planning, gift strategies, and charitable planning.
- Attends advancement leadership meetings in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: 3-5 years experience in estate planning, charitable, planning, tax, or related field; Knowledge of charitable gift planning techniques, tax law, and estate planning; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Superior interpersonal skills; Ability to explain complex legal and tax concepts in simple and persuasive terms; Attention to detail, accuracy and follow up; Ability to work under pressure with minimal oversight; Ability to articulate the Pepperdine mission and incorporate it into daily work; Ability to learn and articulate the strategic plan to donors, prospects, and friends of the University.
Preferred: JD, LLM, MBA, CPA, or other advanced degree or certification; Experience in real estate, tax, accounting, or financial planning; Speaking and presenting before professional groups; Experience drafting trusts, contracts, and other estate planning tools; Experience administering trusts and probates; Excel, Crescendo or other planned giving software, Raisers Edge or other database tools.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: To apply, visit: http://jobs.pepperdine.edu/cw/en/job/500563/associate-director-center-for-estate-and-gift-planning.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency