This ad is expired.
Associate Director of Foundation Relations, Office of Foundation Relations
Our Current Opportunity in the Office of Foundation Relations
As Penn State continues a record-setting campaign, A Greater Penn State for 21st Century Excellence, an Associate Director of Foundation Relations is needed to support the Division of Development and Alumni Relations Office of Foundation Relations. The University is committed to ensuring that diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to the success of a world-class research institution. We are dedicated to fostering institutional change required to realize a more socially just University and we value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission. Reporting to Sophie W. Penney, Ph.D., Director of Foundation Relations, the Associate Director will work closely with Rob Jackson, Assistant Vice President of Principal Gifts, Strategic Initiatives, other development and alumni relations colleagues, academic partners, and research administration staff.
This Associate Director will:
- Engage in annual and periodic strategic planning discussions with University representatives including vice presidents, deans, chancellors, department heads, faculty, and development colleagues to identify and develop plans to identify, cultivate, and solicit major and principal gift foundation prospects.
- Articulate Penn State's needs, ambitions, and values, including diversity, equity, and inclusion, through excellent informal and formal communications.
- Proactively identify new and cultivate and solicit existing and funders and maintain a strong prospect pool that aligns with University priorities.
- Interface and build fruitful relationships with foundation officers and between foundation officers and Penn State representatives.
- Prepare briefing materials, coordinate meetings (virtual or in-person) between foundation program staff and deans, chancellors, department heads, faculty, and development colleagues.
- Assist in the development of annual OFR foundation and college and campus foundation goal setting solicitation targets.
- Assist with educating DDAR and University partners about foundation fundraising.
- Manage stewardship efforts for foundation donors; prepare acknowledgment letters, interim and final reports, and other correspondence.
This position requires a bachelor's degree or higher plus four years of related experience. The successful candidate will also have:
- A track record of success in securing foundation support and meeting fundraising goals.
- A dedication to and understanding of the skills required to build relationships with diverse communities.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to build internal and external relationships and work collaboratively with a wide range of University and external representatives to effectively complete complex work assignments, review progress, and evaluate results.
- A passion for higher education and an understanding of complex institutions.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills.
- A commitment to professional development, learning, and being mentored.
- A proven ability to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team.
Operation of a motor vehicle as part of the position's duties and a valid driver's license are required. Successful completion of a motor vehicle records check, in addition to standard background checks, is also required.
A Greater Penn State for 21st Century Excellence
Penn State is a leading institution in furthering the public good while fulfilling our land-grant mission for a new era. This record-setting strategic fundraising initiative reflects our commitment to three core imperatives: http://greaterpennstate.psu.edu; http://raise.psu.edu
Building a Career and a Life at Penn State
Penn State is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world by the Time Higher Education University Rankings, the Center for World University Rankings, and the Academic Ranking of World Universities: http://psu.edu/this-is-penn-state
Penn State is also committed to ensuring that diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to the success of a world-class research institution. We are concerned uniquely with the institutional change required for visioning and realizing a more socially just University: http://equity.psu.edu/diversity-resources
This position is based at the University Park campus, located in State College, Pennsylvania. State College is ranked among the lowest-stress and safest small cities in the country, with excellent public schools, beautiful parks and other natural assets, and a broad range of cultural and athletic events and venues: http://statecollegepa.us and http://statecollege.com
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PSU_Staff/job/University-Park-Campus/Associate-Director-of-Foundation-Relations--Office-of-Foundation-Relations--Corporate-and-Foundation-Relations-Officer-4-_REQ_0000011702-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency