Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and closely follow solicitation themes and calendar for all fiscal year fundraising efforts.
- Collaborate with design team, mail house, and colleagues in the Fund for Sarah Lawrence to develop and execute an annual appeal strategy for email and direct mail.
- Create and execute an annual stewardship plan and identify additional opportunities as unique College events are scheduled.
- Identify and recruit leadership volunteers who will help with engagement and fundraising efforts for retaining and acquiring members in both groups.
- Plan and facilitate four annual Parents Council meetings including two-three meetings that are entirely remote.
- Solicit fifty Parents Council and one hundred leadership society level annual gifts annually and document conversations in Raiser's Edge.
- Attend Regional events where efforts can benefit attaining fundraising goals.
- Assist with all aspects of alumni reunion weekend leading up to the weekend and at reunion weekend as needed.
- Attend meetings and other donor and volunteer cultivation events as needed for annual giving solicitation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Experience developing direct mail and email solicitation strategies
- Excellent written and verbal skills as well as strong computer skills including knowledge Microsoft Office, client management software, and web document sharing.
- Experience in working effectively with volunteers.
- Ability to initiate and carry out duties with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work with the public with a high degree of diplomacy, confidentiality, and tact.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Bachelor's degree with 4-6 years of experience in fundraising preferred.
- Ability to lift items weighing as much as 25 lbs.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
To apply, visit: https://slc.peopleadmin.com
Sarah Lawrence College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has as one of its goals the recruitment and retention of a racially and culturally diverse administration, staff and faculty. To that end, every job opening is seen as an opportunity to increase diversity and every effort will be made to expand the applicant pool in accordance with these goals. For information on Sarah Lawrence College, our curriculum, teaching methods, and philosophy of education, please see our web site at https://www.sarahlawrence.edu/
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency