This ad is expired.
Coordinator, SPP Advancement and Davenport Institute
Job No: 500441
Work Type: Restricted
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Advancement, School of Public Policy
This position will provide support services for the Director of Development at the School of Public Policy and the Executive Director of the Davenport Institute. These duties include prospect research, correspondence, gift fulfillment, events/meeting management, travel & expense reports, mailings, support of grant research/writing, and work with various vendors. This position actively supports the University's mission at all times and supports the strategic plan by effectively carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Davenport Institute Duties
- Assist in the coordination of Davenport Institute trainings, and ensure scheduling and posting of Davenport Institute blog posts.
- Support Davenport Institute grant research, writing, and report submission.
- Maintain files, purchase office supplies, track & reconcile budgets, proxy credit card reallocations and substantiations. Prepare travel and expense reimbursement forms and electronic submissions. Communicate and serve as liaison to vendors as needed.
- Enter fundraisers' actions and notes in Raiser's Edge, maintain & update constituent contact information, track and record gifts allocating to proper funds, and complete Gift Donation Summaries. Prepare gift invoices & reminders.
- Assist in the coordination of School of Public Policy Board of Advisors meetings and other Board outreach.
- Answer telephones and take action as necessary, greet guests, help host donor visits on campus. Plan and arrange donor and partner events (luncheons, dinners, receptions, and special events like Board meetings).
- Work closely with Assistant Director on various departmental projects and initiatives.
- Manage & sort incoming mail, initiate response when appropriate; Prepare, compose or edit, and execute various correspondence & mailings. Interface with appropriate staff in creation of donor proposals and Davenport Institute project proposals.
- Interface with appropriate staff on special projects.
School of Public Policy Advancement Duties
- Collaborate with prospect research staff on preparing prospect bios for the School of Public Policy advancement team of fundraisers for meetings with donors and/or prospective donors.
- Assist in prospect management and portfolio tracking throughout the donor cultivation cycle.
- Assist with proper donor stewardship. Greet donors and prospects as appropriate upon arrival to campus.
- Maintain correspondence and documentation for SPP fundraisers, draft and submit proposals, and prepare gift donation summaries for processing.
- Process expense reports and mileage reimbursements, complete monthly credit card reallocations and substantiations, and maintain accurate budget records on behalf of the SPP fundraisers.
- Assist with running appropriate donor queries and reports in Raiser's Edge (SPP Advancement's fundraising database).
- Work closely with Director of Development on donor outreach and communication.
- Maintain and update constituent contact information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's Degree (work experience may substitute for degree); Administrative Assistant or related office experience; Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Excellent skills working with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; Knowledge of computers, copy machines, and phone systems.
Preferred: 2+ years experience in administrative position; Work experience in higher education or fundraising environment; Prior event coordination experience is a plus; Knowledge of Raiser's Edge; Knowledge of WordPress.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Restricted, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position that may be eligible for remote or hybrid work in accordance with the University Policy Manual.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: To apply, visit: http://jobs.pepperdine.edu/cw/en/job/500441/coordinator-spp-advancement-and-davenport-institute.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency