- Development and Alumni Relations, Assistant Dean Beasley School of Law
- Go to our website »
Development and Alumni Relations, Assistant Dean Beasley School of Law
Req # 23001116
The Assistant Dean is the law school's senior development officer and is charged with leadership, direction, and coordination of the law school's institutional advancement efforts. The Assistant Dean will create and drive the strategy as well as lead and manage the staff and operations for fundraising, external relations, and alumni relations for the college. The Assistant Dean will cultivate and manage relationships with current and prospective donors, including identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding those with capacity for gifts of $100,000 and higher.
This individual will work closely with Institutional Advancement central operations to leverage the resources available to increase the dollars and donor base for the unit. Serving as a liaison between both, this individual will align unit-based priorities with those of institutional leadership. The Assistant Dean will serve on the Dean's administrative leadership team and will create and implement strategies designed to support the funding and implementation of the dean's priorities.
This person must be a highly energetic, driven, organized, intellectually curious and enthusiastic professional with a track record of building donor relationships and facilitating meaningful gifting opportunities and partnerships. To be successful, the individual must work collaboratively and strategically, demonstrate good judgement and professionalism, and evidence a strong knowledge and use of principles, ethics, and best practices of successful fundraising.
This position will report primarily to the Dean of the Law School and secondarily to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement. Performs other duties as assigned.
Please attach a cover letter and current resume.
Visit https://careers.temple.edu/careers-temple to learn more about the benefits of working at Temple University.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and at least seven (7) years of progressively responsible fundraising / higher education experience. Experience cultivating and soliciting major gifts and managing alumni relations and engagement. Demonstrated leadership and staff management experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrated oral and written communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of individuals.
* Exceptional organizational and collaborative skills.
* Supervisory skills that include motivational strategies for fundraising.
* Knowledge of donor instruments including planned giving.
* Computer literacy with knowledge of donor management software.
* Ability to analyze metrics and reports.
* Demonstrated presentation skills.
* Record of success in strategic fundraising and building relationships with alumni and related communities.
* Ability to travel to off campus locations and work nights and/or weekends, as necessary.
* Masters or J.D. degree.
* Knowledge or understanding of law schools and legal practice.
* Experience developing and working on a significant capital campaign.
This position requires a background check.
This position is assigned a hybrid work arrangement (on-campus and remote), the duration of this hybrid work arrangement is at the discretion of Temple University and the Department.
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
To apply, please visit: https://careers.temple.edu/careers-temple
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency