Director, Prospect Development
Job No: 500690
Work Type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Director/Executive/Management, Advancement, Development/Alumni Affairs
This position reports to the Vice Chancellor for Prospect Development and Data Integrity and works closely with all frontline fundraisers, the prospect development team, and other Advancement colleagues. The Director of Prospect Development is responsible for strategically building a collaborative and centralized prospect management system in support of reaching Pepperdine's fundraising goals. This position is critical to Advancement's efforts to ensure Pepperdine is building a sustainable and broad-based principal and major gifts pipeline. This includes proactively identifying prospects, developing relationship-based prospect research, strategic planning, and reporting.
- In partnership with the Vice Chancellor for Prospect Development and Data Integrity, conceptualize and design pipeline, portfolio, action, and other prospect management reports. Independently update reports as necessary and disseminate information to development officers on a regular basis, ask for feedback, and facilitate updates to the database.
- Lead and facilitate regular portfolio review meetings and prospect strategy sessions with frontline fundraisers.
- Strategically build and refine gift officers' portfolios of assigned donors, offer guidance in prioritizing for outreach, and track the progress of pipeline through the solicitation cycle.
- Serve as a partner and resource for frontline fundraisers and leadership in assessing portfolio health and creating strategies to achieve established goals.
- Develop dashboards, lists, and other methods of disseminating portfolio and other prospect reports to fundraisers on a real-time basis.
- Analyze and synthesize information to assess donors' financial capacity, affinity, and propensity to make philanthropic gifts at the major and principal gift levels.
- Track progress toward goals in key fundraising and activity metrics.
- Provide guidance to Prospect Research staff and student workers in order to most effectively capture news and updates on constituent base.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's degree; 3+ years experience in prospect management and development (higher education setting preferred); Exceptional people skills; Ability to prioritize work and provide accurate, high quality information under tight deadlines; Knowledge and understanding of fundraising prospect management principles and methods; Self-starter with the ability to work independently and on a team; Ability to direct and manage projects and collaborate with various groups of people; Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills; Ability to communicate effectively and clearly; Ability to proactively address issues and maintain confidentiality with sensitive information; Ability to work and communicate effectively with high-level executives and administrators; Strong computer skills and comfortability learning new systems; Proficiency conducting research using a variety of online research databases and other resources; Professional appearance and dress required; Ability to articulate the Pepperdine mission and incorporate it into daily work.
Preferred: Master's degree; 5+ years experience working in prospect management/development; Extensive computer experience, including experience using Raiser's Edge/NXT (Advancement's donor management software) and Google Suite; Familiarity with Pepperdine University and its Christian mission.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: To apply, visit: http://jobs.pepperdine.edu/cw/en/job/500690/director-prospect-development.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency