Director of Development, School of Public Policy
Job No: 500524
Work Type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Director/Executive/Management, Advancement, Development/Alumni Affairs
The primary purpose of this position is to build prospect and donor relationships, raise financial support, and increase the donor base for Pepperdine's graduate School of Public Policy (SPP). The position focuses primarily on major-level donors with a capacity to make gifts of $25,000 to $1,000,000 but also raises annual gifts from $1,000 to $25,000+. Build alumni engagement with, and support for, SPP. This is a fundraising position that garners support for our School of Public Policy. The success of our mission to strengthen lives for purpose, service, and leadership depends in large part on strong financial support from donors who enable us to provide the facilities, programs, faculty, and opportunities necessary to provide stellar, mission-driven programs for our students. This position also helps to build enduring alumni loyalty in keeping with the University's strategic plan.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of at least 150 major gift donors/prospects. Focus is primarily on those with a capacity to give $25,000 to $1M. Personally visit between 12-15 prospects each month.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward SPP associates who give from $1,000 to $50,000 annually including prospective and new members for the SPP Board of Advisors. Work with Dean to manage Board.
- Conduct ongoing stewardship activities to further enhance the relationship between SPP donors, Pepperdine University, and the School of Public Policy.
- Identify prospects for planned gifts and corporate & foundation gifts in conjunction with faculty & our Center for Estate and Gift Planning and Corporate & Foundation Relations departments.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate the school's alumni activities, providing meaningful involvement opportunities for all alumni with special attention to events in Washington DC, Sacramento, Malibu, and online communities.
- Utilize the Pepperdine advancement database, The Raiser's Edge, to research historical records and communications with donors and prospects, and document new actions and proposals.
- Manage shared Coordinator in partnership with the Executive Director of the Davenport Institute. Develop and manage annual travel and expense budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed. of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelors Degree; Two years professional experience in fundraising, sales or related profession; must be highly organized, able to take direction and handle multiple tasks in a rapid-paced environment; ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and fundraising goals; proven ability to work well with character diversity; excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Must have careful attention to detail; ability to work efficiently with minimum supervision, to deal with the public in a professional manner, and to communicate clearly and accurately; Ability to articulate the Pepperdine mission and incorporate it into daily work; Working knowledge of personal computer and programs. A satisfactory driving record and a reliable personal vehicle.
Preferred: Advanced degree preferred 3-5 years of success in fund-raising at a major gifts level, preferably in public policy, higher education, or other nonprofit environment. Ideal candidates will already have significant relationships with prospective donors who support public policy. Salesforce, Raiser's Edge, Nolij and C2C PeopleSoft experience.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: To apply, visit: http://jobs.pepperdine.edu/cw/en/job/500524/director-of-development-school-of-public-policy.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency