Frontiers Scientific/Grant Writer
Frontiers Scientific/Grant Writer
Job Family Group:
Job Description Summary:
Frontiers: University of Kansas Clinical and Translational Science Institute (KU CTSI) accelerates research by connecting scientists to resources; facilitating collaboration among researchers, communities and institutions; and offering training. Frontiers transcends disciplines to seek innovation and improvement in health care by supporting the researchers of today and tomorrow. Supported by a five-year, $25 million grant from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences of the National Institutes of Health, Frontiers is part of a network of over 50 hubs nationwide that work to improve the translational research process.
The Frontiers Scientific/Grant Writer position will assist with drafting the renewal application for the University of Kansas Medical Center's (KUMC) Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) as well as assisting with grant applications/manuscripts/communications from other CTSA investigators/scholars and duties. This position reports directly to the Director, Frontiers: University of Kansas Clinical and Translational Science Institute, Dr. Mario Castro, MD, MPH.
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with a major in a relevant area such as English, Journalism, Communications, Biology, or Medical Sciences
- Prior experience as a medical or scientific writer
- 3-5 years writing and editing experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Master's Degree
- Successful track record of drafting federal (NIH) grant applications.
Job Duties Outlined:
- This position requires an enthusiastic, hardworking and dedicated professional with strong writing, editing and proofing skills with a background in healthcare and medical industries. The ideal candidate will be a team player who prefers open and direct communication and is willing to take initiative and manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- Provides full life-cycle editing and writing support for grant submissions, including assisting Principal Investigators with drafting a variety grant applications including NIH and other federally funded schemes.
- Edit draft proposals to create highly competitive submissions and review proposal feedback for potential resubmission opportunities and/or submission to other grant agencies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, Frontiers.
- Cover Letter
Pay Rate Type:
To learn more and apply online, please visit https://kumc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/kumc-jobs/job/Kansas-City-Metro-Area/Frontiers-Scientific-Grant-Writer_JR000518 or go to https://jobs.kumc.edu/ and search for position number JR000518.
Applications must be submitted directly through the KU Medical Center website to be considered for this position. Any applications submitted via email or this website will NOT be reviewed or considered.
About KU Medical Center:
The University of Kansas Medical Centers mission is to educate exceptional health care professionals through a full range of undergraduate, graduate, professional, postdoctoral and continuing education programs in the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. KU Medical Center also advances the health sciences through world-class research programs; provides compassionate and state-of-the-art patient care in an academic medical center environment; and works with communities in every Kansas county to improve the health of Kansans. Learn more at www.kumc.edu.
KU Medical Center proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package through the state of Kansas, with flexible options designed to meet the diverse needs of our faculty and staff. To learn more about our options for medical, vision, dental and other insurances, as well as our generous time off policies and retirement options, please visit http://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefitsrewards.html.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency