Philanthropy Associate, College of Science & Engineering (Development Associate, 1395)
Pocatello - Main
Idaho State University, established in 1901, is a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution, with a culture built on trust, compassion, stability, and hope. ISU serves over 12,000 students in Pocatello, Meridian, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls. Students and faculty at ISU are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions. We are proud to offer exceptional academics nestled in the grand, natural beauty of the West. We invite you to apply to be a part of our University community!
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations and in association with the Dean of the College and the Vice President of Advancement, this position is responsible for philanthropic initiatives including the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors for leadership gifts ranging from leadership annual gifts to entry level major gifts. This position is responsible for developing strategic objectives to engage alumni, parents and friends in philanthropic efforts which best align donor interests and University priorities to support ISU.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
You will join a passionate team that believes in the Idaho State University mission of providing access to higher education.
You will work with a diverse population of generous donors and directly impact the educational opportunities of students in Idaho who support a high percentage of first generation college attendees.
You will be part of the State of Idaho employment system with a comprehensive benefits package including a generous Idaho State University tuition discount for you and your dependents.
Idaho provides a fantastic quality of life and Idaho State University enables you to reside in a beautiful and friendly community that abounds with outdoor recreation in all seasons. Enjoy the benefits of our growing state and region!
You will be a part of a thriving arts community at an institution with one of the top 5 University performing arts centers in the US and Canada.
We have unique programs that focus on the mental health needs of rural communities, including the only Ph.D. program in Clinical Psychology in the state, and MSW and BaSW programs that are delivered state-wide and provide telehealth mental health training.
We have new interdisciplinary programs which provide BOTH foundation and applied skills that meet the needs and demands of society and region ranging from a Commercial Music Program and Digital Media Program to a Forensics Science and Biomedical Ethics Program.
Your work will help make educational attainment possible for students and will help donors achieve their philanthropic goals.
You will be part of a growing team that is friendly and supportive and works in partnership to achieve goals.
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards donors for leadership annual and entry level major gifts associated with assigned School, College, or unit
- Identifies and actively engages with donors to build and maintain a portfolio of 75 - 125 assigned constituents capable of investing philanthropic gifts of $5,000 or greater
- Asks for gifts personally both individually and as part of a team to achieve an annual fundraising goal as set by the Vice President of Advancement in consultation with the Dean of the assigned College/School/unit
- Partners with the Executive Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations to plan and implement activities of the Dean and other leaders and faculty in the College/unit through which ISU can best engage prospective donors in philanthropic discussions and explore gift opportunities to support and enhance ISU
- Assists with driving fundraising for annual initiatives and specialized appeals and campaigns of the Idaho State University Foundation and facilitates conversations to help develop case for support materials for the assigned College and/or specialized projects
- Partners with the Annual Giving team to develop appropriate and effective audience messaging for school/unit focused solicitation pieces for bulk mailing/email
- Works in partnership to coordinate fundraising and major gift initiatives at the College/unit level
- Partners with the Annual Giving team to secure specialized challenge or match appeals and facilitate volunteer and donor engagement for Bengal Giving Day and foster entry level philanthropy
- Collaborates with the Alumni Association and the Executive Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations to identify opportunities for enhancing College/ School specific constituent engagement
- Keeps accurate and complete records of the moves management process within the data system and follows prescribed strategies for qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding of major gift constituents
- Works within a system of metrics, including benchmarks for personal visits, leadership annual and major gift solicitations, and a prescribed number of new prospects identified and /or qualified annually
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related discipline or field
- One year of fundraising, financial advising or human relations related experience
- Experience using standard office technologies including computers, phones, word processing software, email and electronic calendaring systems
- Three years successful experience in leadership annual giving fundraising
- Higher education focused fundraising
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written abilities to communicate effectively with existing and prospective donors to engage constituents and develop gift proposals
- Experience building individual, corporate or industry connections
- Ability to ask for financial support and speak comfortably about philanthropy, donor interests, intentions and philanthropic impacts
- Familiarity with fundraising database systems such as Raiser's Edge or other relational database systems utilized for fundraising purposes
- Comfort working within a metrics informed environment for tracking goals and achievements
- Familiarity with the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education fundraising guidelines and the Donor Bill of Rights
You must submit your CV/resume, cover letter, and list of three (3) professional references, including current contact information. This position will remain open until it is filled; however, priority consideration will be given to applications received prior to November 30, 2023. Salary will be between $60,000 - $75,000 per year, commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision; life insurance; disability plan; employee assistance program (EAP); excellent retirement options and company contribution; and generous paid time off/sick leave accrual. All offers of employment are conditional pending the successful completion of a background investigation, provided by HireRight.
Posting Number: req2068
Type: Working 12 months per year
Position: Non-classified Staff
Division: University Advancement
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
To apply, visit https://isu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/2068?c=isu
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency