This ad is expired.
Senior Director of Development
Classification: Administrator III
Department Name: University Advancement
Job Number: MB2020-EC2659
Status: ExtendedApply Today! Application screening has been extended and will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Priority Screening Date:
Recruitment Status: Apply Today! Application screening has been extended and will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (WWW.CSUMB.EDU) is a comprehensive, mid-sized four-year university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives by emphasizing project-based learning, requiring service learning, and promoting multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond the campus community. CSUMB is both an MSI and HSI and has a vibrant, diverse student body of nearly 7000 students and growing. Our faculty and staff, many of whom live in campus housing, appreciate living and working about one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, we offer excellent benefits, including housing, and competitive salaries for our faculty and staff.
Under the general direction of the Vice President for University Advancement, the Senior Director of Development is responsible and accountable in leading the Development team to identify, cultivate and solicit individual major and principal gift donors, corporate and foundation donors, alumni outreach and annual gifts in support of University initiatives and priorities. Working with the Vice President, the Senior Director of Development will be responsible for establishing metrics for success, managing a select portfolio of prospects and donors capable of making major gifts to the institution, and creating a cohesive, collaborative and strategic fundraising team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
Management of University Fundraising:
- In conjunction with the VP, set annual fundraising goals.
- Provides leadership and supervision for the Directors of Development, Corporations and Foundations, Annual Giving and Alumni Relations team.
- Creates and implements methods for improving individual and team productivity, performance and collaboration.
- Oversee the preparation of written proposals, informational materials, planned gift illustrations, and other materials to secure major and principal gifts, including proposals to corporations and foundations.
- Supervise the development of policies and procedures relating to all university fundraising initiatives and work collaboratively with leadership on collateral materials for those efforts.
- Ensure compliance with fundraising policies, goals and procedures.
- Coordinate communications (case statements, recognition, stewardship, information) of fundraising initiatives and results.
- In conjunction with the Vice President, review and modify or approve the fundraising plans of any fundraising initiative.
- Support college deans and program leads to maximize their effectiveness in fundraising for approved initiatives.
- Achieve annual fiscal year fundraising goals and set expectations for metrics and performance with direct reports
- Oversee alumni outreach to achieve networking and fundraising goals
- Provide management, cultivation, and solicitation for a personal portfolio of top prospects and donors as assigned.
- Supervise fundraising personnel with assigned responsibility for major and principal gifts, planned gifts, corporation and foundation relationships, and other personnel in fundraising.
- Analyze and interpret performance of staff.
- Supervise budgets allocating fundraising personnel and financial resources; track and forecast expenditures in comparison to approved budgets.
- Represent the Vice President for University Advancement and / or the division by participating on committees relating to university initiatives.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of: donor-centered fundraising, fundraising techniques, proposal development, prospect identification, prospect research and cultivation, fund solicitation, donor recognition and stewardship. Thorough knowledge of modern management and administrative techniques related to the development and implementation of appropriate methods of work planning, scheduling and coordination in a team environment to meet changing organizational objectives. Commitment to higher education and philanthropy.
Ability to: be an effective team builder and maintain positive working relationships, on and off campus, with a population of diverse and ethnic cultural backgrounds. Possess effective interpersonal and communication skills to motivate and inspire staff, volunteers, donors, and others to achieve their maximum potential. Must be creative and a dynamic strategic planner. Must have the ability to implement and provide oversight of major gifts and stewardship of the same. Ability to thrive in an environment of change. Excellent oral and written skills required relating well with a variety of constituents, including high profile leaders. Strong supervisory, management, and organizational skills with excellent time management and follow-through abilities. Ability to function on multiple tasks and self-motivation and initiative.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- Ten years professional experience as a seasoned performance-driven senior development officer of a higher education or nonprofit institution which may include major gifts, planned giving, and capital campaign.
- Minimum of 3-5 years management experience.
- Success in major gift fundraising ($100,000+) that demonstrates an ability to align strategy, development/implementation with pre-approved goals/priorities.
- Management of a development team with proven results
- Knowledge and proficiency working with Raisers Edge
- Fundraising experience in a large, complex university
- Demonstrated success with comprehensive and/or capital campaigns; success in fundraising with six and seven figure gifts
- Advanced degree in relevant field
- Technical fluency with Microsoft Office Professional Suite, Raisers Edge, and Google mail and calendaring programs.
Special Conditions of Employment:
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with CSUMB. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current employees who apply for this position.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
This position is a designated position in the California State Universitys Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) and will be required to participate in annual training and to immediately forward to the Clery Director all reports of crimes brought to their attention pursuant to the Clery Act and California State Education Code, Chapter 15.5, of the Donahue Higher Education Act, Section 67380.
Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the Universitys liability coverage.
Due to the nature of the work, this position requires the ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, on a regular basis.
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time.
Compensation and Benefits:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a management level position with an attractive benefits package, which includes: a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month; an excellent choice of medical, dental and vision insurance; long term disability coverage; life insurance; educational incentives; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14 paid holidays a year. For further information, please visit: Management Personnel Plan. The University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay also provides access to affordable campus housing, Employee Housing.
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://csumb.peopleadmin.com/postings/6093
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at csumb.edu/jobs. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://csumb.edu/clery
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency