- Vice President of University Advancement (Administrator IV)
- Go to our website »
Vice President of University Advancement (Administrator IV)
Job No: 525212
Work Type: Management (MPP)
Location: Dominguez Hills
Categories: MPP, At-Will, Full Time, Marketing/Communications, Telecommute eligible (work onsite as scheduled and/or as requested and telecommute as scheduled)
Vice President of University Advancement
Classification Title: Administrator IV
Position Salary Range: $17,519 - $26,278 per month
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Review of applications will begin Friday, March 17, 2023, and the position will remain open until filled.
About the Department/Position:
The Vice President for University Advancement (VPUA) position requires a dynamic, substantive, and transformative leader who is capable of helping both the external and internal community dream about and achieve what is possible in the realm of University Advancement and Philanthropy in higher education.
The incumbent leads and oversees all aspects of the University's fundraising and external relations program and serves as the institution's chief fundraising officer. Reporting directly to the President, the VPUA is a member of the senior cabinet and will serve as a liaison to various internal and external groups, and will serve as a strategic and collaborative partner to the President and the cabinet. The VPUA will be a transformative leader and be able to identify issues and offer new approaches or initiatives to advance the institution over the short and long term. The incumbent works collaboratively with administrative and faculty leaders, the University's foundation board, alumni council, associated students, and other internal and external constituencies to identify University fundraising priorities, develops and implements comprehensive and integrated fundraising strategies yielding maximum benefit to the University, and seek, develop and execute on promotional opportunities to enhance the visibility and reputation of the University.
In support of these efforts, the VPUA manages a University Advancement division that includes 28 managers and staff and an annual budget of approximately $3.2 million. Major areas of administrative oversight include annual and planned giving, donor and alumni relations, corporate and foundation relations, research and prospect management, major gifts, federal, state, and local government and community relations, and ceremonies and events. Through accessible and supportive leadership, the VPUA will enable the team to contribute to build performance levels and increase collaboration broadly across the university and will be responsive to team needs in management and development of team goals.
The Vice President of University Advancement also serves as the Executive Director of the CSU Dominguez Hills Philanthropic Foundation, a separate 501 (c) (3) organization that promotes, secures, and stewards private support for the university. Under the Executive Director's leadership and strategic direction, the foundation works to raise financial support, and broaden partnerships and collaborations that support the university's mission, provide scholarships and academic program support, as well as capital projects. The Executive Director is the primary fiduciary for the organization
MPP employees serve at the pleasure of the campus President. MPPs do not serve a probationary period and never receive permanent status.
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic University Fundraising
- Collaborate with the President, other administrative and faculty leaders, the University foundation board, alumni council, associated students, and other internal and external constituencies to identify University fundraising priorities.
- Develop and implement comprehensive and integrated fundraising strategies, yielding maximum benefit to the university.
- Division Management and Oversight
- Provide effective management and oversight of a highly productive University Advancement Division that significantly enhances relationships with a variety of constituent groups, including individuals, corporations, and charitable organizations, driving and compelling increased external funding and other support.
- CSU Dominguez Hills Philanthropic Foundation Work with the board to fulfill the organization's mission.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Work with the board chair on strategic planning, board development and the recruitment of new members.
- Collaborate with the standing committee chairs and staff liaisons to set direction and goals of each committee, and serve on all of the board standing committees with the exception of the Audit Committee.
- Bachelor's Degree
8+ years of related professional experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate excitement about the University's mission, strengths, and priorities; passion for seeking philanthropic support to advance the University; and the ability to engage, connect with and inspire individuals to contribute financially and/or positively advocate for the University.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in establishing and implementing strategic fundraising priorities meeting or exceeding measurable fundraising goals sustained over a multi-year period.
- Demonstrated experience planning, designing, and implementing successful major fundraising campaigns.
- Successful experience recruiting, developing, and retaining high-caliber staff and building and leading a high-performing team.
- Excellent presentation, speaking, and writing skills.
- Terminal degree plus extensive professional experience.
- Highly trained and effective in the area(s) of expertise; may be licensed.
- Ten years of progressively responsible institutional advancement experience in a public higher education setting.
To view the full position description, click "Position Description" above.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License is required. Employees in this position will be enrolled in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Government Employer Pull Notice Program.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or the continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California
- The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption if eligible. Any candidate advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. Questions about the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The CSU system offers a competitive total compensation benefits package for employees and qualifying dependents, including medical, dental, vision, retirement, and tuition assistance. It is our goal to compensate employees equitably and fairly. You can access a full description of our benefits here.
California State University, Dominguez Hills, is strongly committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce. Individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may call the Human Resources Office at (310) 243-3771.
California State University Dominguez Hills is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Applications Close: Open until filled
To apply, visit: https://careers.csudh.edu/en-us/job/525212/vice-president-of-university-advancement-administrator-iv
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency